Parisian grandeur. Iconic design, Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, French savoir faire and Thai hospitality, creating a cocoon of unrivalled luxury in the heart of Bangkoks most sought-after neighbourhood. The 345-room 5 star hotel, located in the cityâ€™s central business district along Sukhumvit, boasts a unique layered stainless steel and glass faÃ§ade, and a dÃ©cor inspired by the French contemporary art deco style.
With the BTS (skytrain) and MRT (subway) only a short walk from the hotel, and Suvarnabhumi International Airport 30km away.
The hotels 345 guest rooms boast minimalist elegance with picture windows offering dramatic views of the city skyline.
All rooms consist of wifi internet access, an iPod docking station, multimedia port and a Bose wave music system. ... [+] More While guests in standard rooms will enjoy LOccitane bathroom amenities, all club room and suite guests will enjoy Hermes amenities.
Among other features, one of the hotelâ€™s attraction is French rooftop bar and restaurant Lâ€™Appart, designed to echo the style of 17th century designer Baron Haussmann, complete with an outdoor terrace and a library. The hotel consists of five other F&B outlets, including a patisserie.
Other amenities at the property include Thailands first Le Spa with LOccitane, an outdoor swimming pool and a gym.
What we loved:
- Contemporary classic design throughout with no expense spared
- Premium quality bedding and designer toiletries by LOccitane and Hermes
- LAppart French restaurant is one of the standout restaurants in Bangkok
- Central Sukhumvit location with both sky train and subway only a short walk away
- Le Spa offers a full two page menu of treatments with LOccitane products
- Large fitness centre with instructor open 24 hours a day
What you should know:
- The Nana area of Sukhumvit is very hectic of an evening
- Walking distance to many restaurants, bars and clubs on Sukhumvit
- Free Wi-Fi, Ipod dock, BOSE stereo system and writing desk in every room
- Biggest cheese room in Bangkok attached to Voila Restaurant
- Three floors of conference and meeting rooms, as well as a grand ballroom that can accommodate up to 900 people