The Astor House Hotel is located on a 4,580 square metres site and
has a total building area of 16,563 square metres with 134 rooms
The Astor House Hotel (formerly known as Richard's Hotel) was established in 1846 by the Richard's family.
In 1846, Richard's Restaurant, a Baroque building stood spectacularly in the Bund besides Huangpu River, Shanghai.
The hotel moved to Whales Bridge (today's Garden bridge)in 1857.
The Astor House Hotel was restored in 1907 to a neo-classic Baroque structure.
Over the past 150 years, Astor House Hotel retains its glorious architectural essence, and epitomizes the historical nature of the city of Shanghai.
In 2002, the first phase of renovation project was accomplished and the refurbished building regained its elegance once more. ... [+] More