Macedon Spa lies at the gateway to the Macedon Ranges, a region long famed for its spectacular gardens, mineral springs and of course, the iconic Hanging Rock.
The area now has a wine industry well enough developed to deliver world class wines (some of which are available in our Macedon Views Restaurant) but still small enough to allow the more industrious traveller to meet the winemaker him or herself at the cellar door.
Located 5 mins from Woodend and Macedon, 10 mins from Gisborne, we are located only an hour from Melbourne, or 45 mins from Tullamarine. Another 15 mins to Kyneton, and you have surrounded yourself in the centre of history, arts and culture in the Macedon Ranges region.
Villages, each with its own character, now dot the landscape. ... [+] More Try strolling into one of:
- The cafes in Woodend
- The restaurants of Kyneton’s historic Piper Street
- The antique stores of Lancefield
- The bakeries of Trentham or Malmsbury
And on the way you are sure to stumble into a lovely art gallery, a bluestone building dating back to the gold rush days, an organic berry farm, an olive grove or one of those wonderful cool-climate wineries.
And let’s not forget the region’s unbelievable natural beauty:
- The mysterious Hanging Rock radiates a kind of other worldly attraction (just don’t disappear on us)!
- The memorial cross atop Mt Macedon offers sweeping views as well as serving as a reminder of others’ sacrifice.
- The national park of Macedon and the Wombat forest have their own rugged Australian beauty...
- Whilst Man’s influence can be seen in the famous gardens of Mt Macedon and the European trees throughout the area ensure that each season has its own special character.
Then you can simply return to your comfortable room at Macedon Spa with a massage and a great meal to look forward to!